These quick and easy Hen Taco Poblano Rice Bowls are glorious for dinner or to make ahead for meal prep! Made in a skillet, with diced rooster breast, poblano peppers, corn, pico de gallo and cheese.
Hen Taco Poblano Rice Bowls
This healthful rooster taco rice bowl recipe takes boring rooster breast and makes it thrilling with taco spices and veggies. They’re servedover brown rice in its place of a tortillas. Good for dinner or to make ahead for meal prep. For further Mexican-inspired bowl recipes, try my Chipotle Hen Bowls, Spicy Pork Brussels Bowls, Shrimp Fajita Bowls, and Quinoa Huevos Rancheros Bowls.
These rooster taco and rice bowls are ready in beneath thirty minutes and are very family-friendly since they’re so customizable. Set out the entire toppings, and your family members members can skip any they don’t like. Plus, these bowls are good for meal prep. Chances are you’ll put together dinner the rooster, veggies, and rice ahead of time after which assemble the bowls and prime with the pico de gallo, cheese, and bitter cream at supper time. Chances are you’ll as nicely put the entire substances, along with the toppings, in a glass container and take it with you to work for a easy lunch.
How one can Make Taco Seasoning from Scratch
I season the rooster with my handmade taco seasoning combine. In any case, you may buy it, but it surely certainly’s great straightforward to make handmade taco seasoning with spices you probably already have. And making it your self is far much less processed, and you might administration the amount of sodium. All you should do is mix the entire spices beneath in a small bowl:
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- chili powder
- sweet paprika
- dried oregano
How one can Make Pico de Gallo from Scratch
Pico de gallo is a current tomato salsa that’s glorious on prime of tacos, chips, and quite a bit further. To make pico de gallo from scratch, combine chopped tomatoes, onion, and cilantro and season with lime juice and salt. Chances are you’ll as nicely add some chopped jalapeno in case you need it spicy.
Hen Taco Bowl Recommendations and Variations:
- Sub the rooster for boneless rooster breast, steak or flooring meat.
- Swap the poblano pepper for bell pepper or jalapeño to make it spicy.
- Add black beans for further protein and fiber.
- Prime your bowl with sliced avocado or guacamole.
- Add some scorching sauce or current jalapenos for some additional spice.
- Change out the brown rice for cauliflower rice for a low-carb bowl.
- Use my Cilantro Lime Rice or my cauliflower rice mannequin as the underside in its place of brown rice.
To Meal Prep: Divide rooster and rice into Four meal-prep containers. Pack the pico de gallo and toppings in a separate container. Preserve coated and refrigerate as a lot as Four days. To reheat, microwave in 30-second intervals until heated by means of.
Further Hen Taco Recipes You’ll Love:
Hen Taco Poblano Rice Bowls
These quick and easy Hen Taco Poblano Rice Bowls are glorious for dinner or to make ahead for meal prep!
- 1 1/4 kilos pure boneless skinless rooster breasts, decrease half of inch cubes, from Three small
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium purple onion, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced plus further for garnish
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 roma tomato, cored and diced
- 1 lime, halved
- taco seasoning, see beneath
- kosher salt
- 1 cup frozen or current corn kernels
- 3 cups cooked brown rice, heated (use cauliflower rice for low-carb)
- 1/4 cup cheddar-jack cheese
- 1/4 cup 2% bitter cream or Greek yogurt, optionally out there
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- half of teaspoon chili powder
- half of teaspoon paprika
- half of teaspoon oregano
Dice the rooster into small gadgets. Combine taco seasoning in a small bowl and put apart.
To make the pico de gallo, set Three tablespoons of the diced onion aside and place it in a bowl with tomato, cilantro, 2 teaspoons lime juice, 1/Four teaspoon salt. Put apart.
Add oil to an enormous skillet over medium-high heat. When scorching, add the rooster and put together dinner until it begins to brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add the remaining onion, poblano pepper and taco seasoning to the skillet and put together dinner until it softens, 2 to 3 minutes. Add half of cup water and corn. Prepare dinner dinner 1 to 2 minutes then take away from heat.
Divide rice in Four bowls, prime with rooster, cheese, pico de gallo and optionally out there bitter cream.
Serving: 1bowl, Power: 475kcal, Carbohydrates: 52g, Protein: 40.5g, Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 4g, Ldl ldl cholesterol: 116mg, Sodium: 407.5mg, Fiber: 6g, Sugar: 3.5g
Blue Good Components: 8
Inexperienced Good Components: 11
Purple Good Components: 3
Key phrases: rooster bowls, rooster breast recipes, skillet rooster