I PUT ON EARRINGS TODAY!
*And* a full-face of make-up.
Take that, pandemic blues! ?
I used to be going for clear and easy with easy matte browns to outline the lids and a chic darkish brown winged liner. And, sure, girlfriend, you learn that appropriately: Darkish. Brown. Winged. Liner.
Again within the day (uh, two years in the past?), winged liner was hallowed floor reserved solely for both black or jewel tones. I preferred — and nonetheless like — the extreme drama of the distinction of a stable black or a brightly coloured line in opposition to my lids, however I’ve reached the purpose the place I’ll attempt something to get myself out of the make-up funk I’ve been experiencing during the last couple months, which at present includes enjoying with make-up in ways in which aren’t overwhelming. Like, there’s no manner homegirl is about to knock out a glance with 5 colours within the crease proper now, however I’m definitely right down to attempt a darkish chocolaty wing.
And, ya know, I actually prefer it! It’s just like the kinder, gentler model of winged liner with out the stark black edges. I imply, you continue to see the crisp strains, however I feel there’s one thing much less extreme concerning the brown.
For the liner, I used a mixture of MAC Espresso and MAC Brushbrown (liquid liner), and the remainder of the make-up is fairly heavy in MAC classics, as a result of after I’m not feeling tremendous nice, these go-tos all the time hit the spot. MAC was my old flame ❤️, and I may go on about old-school colours like Saddle eyeshadow and Melba blush for days.
Mainly, when you like listening to me ramble about MAC everlasting assortment classics, let me know. ?? I’ll take any excuse to speak about these O.G. shades.
Talking of O.G.s, I can’t discover my MAC Spice liner, and I’m borderline panicking about it! I wished to put on it on this look however ended up utilizing Boldly Naked as an alternative.
Make-up worn on this look
- NARS Tinted Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base in Mild (a number of shades lighter than my pores and skin tone, however I used it to brighten up matte browns)
- MAC Groundwork Paint Pot
- MAC Saddle eyeshadow
- MAC Espresso pencil liner
- MAC Brushbrown liquid liner
- City Decay Browblade in Darkish Drapes
- MAC Clear Forehead Set
- City Decay Cannonball Mascara
- MAC Boldly Naked lip liner
- MAC C-Through Lipglass
- MAC Studio Repair Fluid Basis in NC42 blended with Pinklite Strobe cream (utilized a skinny layer buffed everywhere in the face)
- Charlotte Tilbury Flawless Filter in 5 Tan blended with Kevyn Aucoin Supernatural Concealer in Medium EC06 (utilized on below eyes, cheeks, nostril and round mouth)
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Pure in Medium Golden
Critically, you possibly can’t go fallacious increase your make-up assortment with some staples from MAC.
Your pleasant neighborhood magnificence addict,
P.S. HAPPY TUESDAY! We’ve made it previous Monday, which is an accomplishment. It ought to get simpler from right here.